For this week’s Top Ten hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, we are supposed to share the top 10 books on our TBR list for summer. My reading seems to have slowed to a crawl, so I’m sure I will be lucky to get through half of these. I’m also typically terrible at sticking to a reading plan, tending to read things on a whim or according to my mood. That’s also how I have typically approached running in the past, but sticking with a plan this summer has actually been quite gratifying, so why why not try to stick for a plan for reading?
So following are the books I’ve selected. I chose some newer books (The Truth about Harry Quebert, The Enchanted), some books that have been on my TBR for a while (Corpus Christi, The Gods of Gotham), a book outside my wheelhouse (Blackbirds), and one I started and got about halfway through but never finished (The Blind Assassin). In addition to these I have a couple of ARCs from NetGalley, in particular Lucky Us by Amy Bloom, that I will also pick up this summer. For links or more details, you can click through the graphic to my Pinterest site where I’ve pinned my list.
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves, Karen Joy Fowler
- The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair, Jöel Dicker
- Bark, Lorrie Moore
- Blackbirds, Chuck Wendig
- Corpus Christi, Bret Anthony Johnson
- The Blind Assassin, Margaret Atwood
- A Man Came Out of the Door in the Mountain, Adrianne Harun
- The Gods of Gotham, Lindsay Faye
- The Care and Feeding of Exotic Pets, Diana Wagman
- The Enchanted, Rene Denfeld